Sunday, March 15, 2009

Welcome to Aaron's Acre

Our first post, how exciting!  Here's a little bit of background:

When we moved here almost 4 years ago, there was already a huge area set aside and fenced off for a garden.  However, it was very overgrown and needed a lot of work.  This fall, motivated by the increasing cost of organic foods, but more importantly the drive to make sure our son knows where food comes from and how it gets to his plate, we finally took steps to start our garden.

So, with a cleared and twice-tilled garden, 
we drew up a plan (with lots of help from Nana),

ordered seeds, ran some string and began to dig.

Aaron is quite proud of our beginning 
and look how muddy those shoes are!





2 comments:

  1. Aaron: I am so happy I got to plant peas and onions with you. I can't wait to see how they taste they when grow! I am excited that I was able to be part of your gardening adventure. The best part was when you were watering the garden with me. Don't forget your aunt when your peas grow :)
    Love your Aunt E

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good. At what point do you guys show me pictures of him swinging a baseball bat. Or are we going for a "The Natural" theme. Kid grows up on a farm and has an innate ability to throw a baseball. Lets just hope he doesn't knock-up Glenn Close.- Hortie

    ReplyDelete